- 12 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 4 x 15ml tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 - 2 teaspoons English mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika plus more for sprinkling
- 3 - 4 drops of tabasco (to taste)
- 2 x 15ml tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 - 3 x 15ml tablespoons water from a freshly boiled kettle
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives
Bring some water to the boil in a saucepan that's big enough to hold all the eggs. Gently add the eggs to the pan and bring back to the boil. Boil for 1 minute, then turn the heat off and leave the eggs to stand in the pan for 12 minutes.
After the 12 minutes, place the eggs in a bowl of iced water for 15 minutes to cool.
Peel the eggs carefully, then halve each egg lengthways and gently remove the yolks and place in a mixing bowl.
Add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, paprika, and a few drops of Tabasco. Stir to combine, then blitz to mix with a stick blender. Add the oil and blitz again until smooth. Check the seasoning and adjust to taste. Stir in enough water to form a piping consistency.
Fill a piping bag with the egg mixture and pipe into the hollowed-out whites. Sprinkle with paprika and chopped chives and serve.